- People who have taken temporary medication in the past 5 years
- People who are compliant with the idea of taking temporary medication such as antibiotics
- People that own and use a mobile phone/carry one with them daily
- People who are over the age of 18
- People who are not on other long-term medication
- People who would not be classed as vulnerable
Spoonful of sugar
I have chosen not to offer a reward or incentive for participating in the experiment so that participants do not adapt their natural behaviour in response to the incentive on offer.
I feel that offering a monetary incentive would be equivalent to getting paid to take your medicine. I am quite confident that this would affect the motivation and behaviour of participants during the trial and could lead to an increase in the number who completed the course.