Making sure the 5 preconditions for behaviour are in place.
Detect a cue. Cue the user to think about taking the action.
Be notified that should take medicine
- About to eat (if should be taken with food)
- Arrive somewhere (e.g. take it when you get home)
- Do something (e.g. prepare breakfast or wake up)
- Have medication with them (pills)
- Have other tools necessary to administer medication (e.g. water or can get water to take with medication)
- Is in convenient location to take medicine (e.g. not in a work meeting)
|I can influence the participants probability of having the pills with them by designing the placebo to be easy to carry around. Increasing the likelihood that they will remember to take it with them.|
Is it timely? Do it now.
- Have an empty stomach (if meant to be taken on an empty stomach)
- Have food/just eaten (if meant to be taken with food)
All yeses? Execute.