- I believe that people forget to take their temporary medication when the symptoms of their illness begin to wane
- I believe that people forget to take their medication when they start to feel better because they no longer receive an internal cue from their body that acts as their reminder
- A reminder intervention will help people remember that they should be taking their medication
- Fewer people will forget to take their medication if they are reminded
- Reminding people when they need to take their medication will result in higher numbers remembering and taking their medication
- Finding a timely way to tell people to take their medication will result in more people taking their medication
- People will find it helpful to be reminded to take their medication
- People will notice a reminder if it is sent as an SMS to their phone (if they carry their phone with them daily)
- Sending people SMS reminders will act as a trigger, increasing the likelihood that they will take their medication
- Timely SMS reminder messages will increase the number of individuals who take their medication
Variable to test
Independent variable: receive a reminder SMS at the times medication should be taken.
Control: Do not receive a reminder SMS.